July 4th Parade
The 4th of July is a very special holiday for the Cottagewood USA community so we make sure to do it right! The red, white & blue fun begins on Sunday July 3rd with our Kid’s Bike Decorating Event from 4:00pm to 5:00pm. For $5.00 we supply the decorations and kids are encouraged to use their patriotic creativity to bedazzle their bikes, strollers, scooters and wagons.
On July 4th we begin the festivities at 8:30am with a NEW pancake breakfast served by the zany flip master of Chris Cakes (who hold a Guinness Record for most pancakes flipped in an hour!). They will be sure to entertain you as you catch your flying pancakes. We’ll gather at 9:15 AM on the steps of the Cottagewood Store to recite the Pledge of Allegiance followed by our traditional Kid’s Parade led by the Excelsior/Deephaven Fire Department. Immediately following the parade, more pancakes will be served as Children’s Park becomes a carnival grounds where kids can play games for prizes, go down the giant inflatable slide, fish in the duck pond and test their throwing arm at the dunk tank. There will be other fun activities including temporary tattoos, a cupcake walk and an assortment of prizes to be won in our popular 4th of July raffle. Additional new food offerings such as State Fair mini donuts will be available for sale. Plan to arrive early at 8:00am to buy raffle tickets, wristbands for the carnival and tickets for your pancakes so you don’t miss a moment of the patriotic fun!
2016 Schedule of Events:
July 3rd Schedule
- 4:00 - 5:00 p.m. - Kid's Bike Decorating Event at the store. $5/vehicle
July 4th Schedule
- 8:00 a.m. - Ticket sales begin
- 8:30 a.m. - Pancake Breakfast begins
- 9:15 a.m. - Pleadge of Allegiance
- 9:30 a.m. - Kid's Parade
- 9:35 am-11:30 a.m. - Pancakes and carnival
- 11:30 am - Raffle Drawing and end of events
- $5 for parade and carnival wristband
- $6 for Pancake Breakfast (Includes all you can eat pancakes with syrup, sausage links, margarine)
- $1 per raffle ticket or 12 for $10